It goes without saying: TMJ can be a real pain in the jaw! Fortunately, you don’t have to suffer in silence. We provide TMJ treatment in Dalton that gives you relief from your discomfort. With our help, you will:
- Eliminate the pain in your jaw, neck, and head
- Open and close your mouth without difficulty
- Put a stop to embarrassing popping or clicking sounds
- Get a better night’s sleep without clenching your jaw or grinding your teeth
- Avoid further wear-and-tear on your tooth’s enamel
Call 706-740-7606 for an appointment. You’ll find our office near Dalton High School and the Dalton-Whitfield County Library.
Keep Your Teeth Intact by Treating Your TMJ
You aren’t alone if you are dealing with a TMJ disorder. It impacts over 10 million Americans. There are various reasons for your temporomandibular joints (TMJ) to become inflamed. Injury, arthritis, or a teeth grinding habit can cause these small joints to become dysfunctional. Whatever the cause of your disorder, Dr. Kim offers long-lasting relief that gets you out of pain.
We’ll begin with a complete exam and digital X-rays of your mouth. Many patients benefit the most from a custom bite guard. This TMJ mouthguard acts as a cushion between your teeth. We offer one you can wear while you sleep or during the day. You can expect many unique benefits:
- Comfortable Fit – Your TMJ mouthguard will be customized just for you. Unlike store-bought solutions, a custom-made guard is created using impressions of your teeth. After a few days of wearing yours, you’ll barely notice it during the night or day.
- Easy Upkeep – You won’t need to do anything special to take care of your mouthguard. Just clean it with gentle soap and water with your toothbrush. It’s that simple! Plus, it’s easy to take with you when you travel.
- Reduced Dental Cost – By wearing the mouthguard, you won’t press down on your teeth or grind them. It stops you from cracking, chipping, or dislodging teeth. As a result, you save money by avoiding costly restorative care.
If alignment issues are causing the problem, we may also recommend orthodontics. Crooked or misaligned teeth can often lead to jaw dysfunction. Dr. Kim will explore your options and determine which one is right for you.
Call 706-740-7606 for TMJ treatment in Dalton. You can also request an appointment online.